Pinterest

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A New Catalogue Sneek Peak

We are counting down until the new Stampin' Up! Catalogue is live on May 31 (yes a day early since June 1 falls on Saturday) so as a double bonus, the new and old catalogues are active on the same day.  Sweet!!!  I have the new catalogue in my hot little hands for a little while now, and I can't wait to share it with you.  My poor budget is going to need some adjusting to accommodate my wish list.  Sorry family, looks like a Kraft dinner and hot dogs kind of summer, lol.  

As demonstrators we are able to order from a select list from the new catalogue and play.  While, we are not allowed to show you the actual products, we can show you projects made with them.  

This past weekend was Mother's Day here in Canada and the U.S.  My mother is still in the hospital, awaiting a room to free up in a long term care facility in her town.  Saturday, after I hosted a garage sale here at my home, I packed up the kids and gifts, cards, food (don't know about where you live, but here in Ontario hospital food can be blah)   and went to visit Mom/Beppe (Frisian for grandma).   

Below is the card I made for my Mom.  

Products used are:

CARDSTOCK:  Melon mambo, and  Whisper White

MARKERS:  Always Artichoke, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Marina Mist

STAMP SET:   Wildflower Meadow Background Stamp (NEW CATALOGUE!!!)

EMBOSSING FOLDER:  Wildflower Meadow Textured Embossing Folder (NEW CATALOGUE!!!!)

I coloured directly onto the stamp it self and used the "huff" technique (breathing on to the inked stamp) to moisten the ink after colouring the images.  What is fabulous about this stamp set and embossing folder is how they co-ordinate together.  The image of the whole card doesn't capture the embossed image as well as I would have liked it to.  I did a closer shot on an angle in the second photo to help show you the embossing of the stamped image.  Gorgeous!!





I hope you are having a fabulous week so far.  Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little corner of the blogging world.  As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

What a greaet idea stamps that match embossing folders