Pinterest

Friday, May 24, 2013

Flower Trim to Dye For


It is hard to believe there is only one week left until May is officially over.  On May 31 not only comes a new catalogue, but saying goodbye to both the 2012-2013 main catalogue and the 2013 Spring Catalogue and many of the items in these catalogues will not be carried forward.   

I am currently working on a layout from our D.C trip, and wanted to dye some of the Flower Trim found in the spring catalogue.  The trim is a gorgeous colour all on its own, but I need a different look for what I have in mind.  And what is so fun about the Flower Trim is with some Stampin' Up! re-inkers and water, you can create your own personalized trim.   

For my Fun Friday experiment I put several drops of different re-inkers in little plastic containers with some water and put a couple of flowers from the trim in each container to see which one I like best for my layout.  The re-inkers I used are Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, and Rose Red.  For the fifth container I mixed Chocolate Chip with Rose Red, with more Red than Chocolate.   

You can see the results in the pictures below.   Right now I am leaning towards either the Rose Red or Regal Rose.  When everything is dried completely I will lay them on my layout and make my final decision.   





I love how they all turned out and I am pretty sure what colour doesn't get used on this layout will be used on a card at some point.   This Flower Trim will be gone after May 31, get yours now before it is too late.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little corner of the blogging universe.  I love to see your comments and suggestions. Bye for now!!

No comments: