Pinterest

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Laura's Birthday card

Happy Tuesday morning!!   Around here it is hot, hazy and humid.  We are going to be breaking some records around here.  It is suppose to be 35 degrees with a humidex of 44 degrees.  That is in Celsius.  In Fahrenheit for my American friends and family, that is 95 with a humidex of 114.  Yep a brisk Canadian September day around here.  Something tells me that air conditioning is making the list of what I am thankful for in my gratitude journal tonight.  LOL  I dropped Dalwhinnie off at the groomer this morning as well.  I think she is going to be very grateful to lose the excess fur for the next few days.  

I posted a pic of this card earlier on my Instagram, which was shared on Facebook and Twitter as well.  A couple of days before bringing Laura to University, she had her 18th birthday.  So hard to believe that my baby is 18 and away at University.

This card was simple, quick and easy.  Things were rather hectic around here the weeks leading up to her birthday so I needed to throw this card together quickly.  And thanks to co-ordinating products via Stampin' Up! mission was accomplished.  




Products used were as follows:

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Designer Series Paper:  Modern Medley

Stamp Set: Chalk Talk

Ink: VersaMark

Embossing Powder:  Black, White

Tools:  Big Shot, Chalk Talk Framelits

Embellishments:  3/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon (discontinued)

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little corner of the blogging world. I think this afternoon you will find me poolside.

No comments: