Pinterest

Monday, September 9, 2013

Halloween Fun

Happy Monday morning everyone.    We are into our second week of school here.  Daniel, my youngest, picked up a nasty cold last week, and spent the weekend sick as a dog and is home from school today.  And Laura starts her first day of classes at University today.  Sun is shining and it is suppose to get hot hazy and humid again.  Summer reminding us that even though kids are back to school, its not officially fall yet.  

Saturday, I spent the day at a Demonstrator Discovery Day hosted by my uplines Denise Donald and Jamilla Ivits.   It was a fun day learning new techniques, getting ideas for workshops and classes, seeing different projects, meeting some demonstrators from my area that I haven't met before, and of course some business tips.  There was a swap, and I had to participate.   I love swaps and getting different cards from various talented crafters.  More ideas to incorporate into my own crafting. 

I based my card for the swap on this birthday card.  I received this card during one of the swaps I participated in at Convention. This beautiful card was made by Mary Walker from Virginia.  





And here is my take on the card.  Halloween of course.  One of my favourite Holidays after Christmas of course.  




Supplies used are as follows:

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla

Inks:  Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Elegant Egglplant, and Black StazOn

Stamp Sets: Best of Halloween (part of our anniversary Best Of monthly releases), Toil & Trouble (from the Holiday catalogue)

Tools:  Modern Label punch, Stampin' Trimmer, Sponge Daubers

Thanks for stopping by and visiting.  Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Take care and enjoy your day.




No comments: