Pinterest

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Is Coming - Some Macro Lens Fun

We had lots of rain yesterday, followed by snow last night, followed by some fabulous sunshine today. It must be March in Ontario, which means spring is coming. Woohoo!!! This afternoon I went out to top up the bird feeders and to look for some signs of spring and found that our Pussy Willow was forming some buds. When the Pussy Willow "blooms" (I guess that is what you would call it), you know winter is pretty much over. So exciting. I had to grab my camera and take some pictures with my macro lens that Dave bought me for Christmas (I am sooooo spoiled).





And when I was topping up the bird feeders I noticed this on one of the finch feeders. I know it was a cold snowy winter, but I didn't think it was that harsh, it seems someone was a little hungry and had to make one of the feeding holes much bigger.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow great photos Ria!

Denise Donald said...

Cool pictures! It looks like you are really enjoying photography. Are those your pussywillows? They are one of my favourite to display.

Greg said...

Very cool!