Pinterest

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Let the Challenge Begin

This weekend was the beginning of the 6 month X-Weighted challenge. Six months to get my act together and literally shape up. Six months to reach my fitness and weight loss goals.

My fitness goal is to run 5K, I have started the couch to 5K program before, but quit about half way through. I am determined to see it through this time. Time to dust off my runners and get moving again.

In terms of diet, this was not a good weekend. Saturday was the day for my Quick Kutz class in St. Jacob's. A day of creativity, making some amazing projects designed by Lori (there are days I would love to be in her head to see how she thinks up these projects) and a day to spend with my friends Marissa, Denise and Heather. We always have lots of laughs, and boy did we laugh this weekend. Unfortunately, these once a month outings are not too good for the diet plan, especially if one has my will power, which is not much. Doesn't help we went to the Stone Crock for dinner. I started out the meal pretty good, some good healthy salads from the salad bar, some samplings of the hot buffet, but then I had seconds of the veggie pasta and the beef stroganoff. But then it was time for pie, you CAN'T say no to pie at the Stone Crock (at least I can't say no), their pies are made fresh in the bakery kitchen two doors down. I LOVE their bakery, you can see right into their massive kitchen and watch the ladies make all the goodies straight from scratch. Did I mention I love their pies. And the selection, lots of choices Last night there was blueberry, cherry, pecan, and of course apple, and more but I can't remember them all, I got stuck at the apple pie. I had some cherry and some apple pie, they tasted soooo good, but not good for my waistline. Today was a better day, I had oatmeal with apples and cinnamon for breakfast, a couple of eggs, some fruit and veggies for lunch with some tortilla spirals, dinner was a couple of slices of veggie pizza with a titch of ground beef and two cups of tea and lots of water.

Let the challenge begin. I KNOW I can do it.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck with your challenge but I think you look fantastic anyway!

Oh and I agree about the pie...yum!

ABL said...

You can so do this :) proud of you!!!

jenn

Marissa said...

You forgot the whip cream!!! And table delivery of buffet items...

WE will do this!!! Good luck on the challenge. Between the two of us, we should be able to stay the course! Unless we are back at the stonecrock again...

Unknown said...

hope you're feeling better soon, I had terrible uterine fybroids too so i know how poorly you must feel. i was not wise enough to complain until i was out of commission for about 3 weeks a month! my hysterectomy gave me back my freedom, best choice ever. good luck with your surgery and your challenge!