Friday, November 4, 2011

Some Halloween Projects.

I know I have been a really bad blogger lately,  I have been working on some other things right now and of course life stuff as well.  But my crafting hands have not been idle.  Here are a few projects I made for Halloween.  

This is a banner I made in a class with Natasha Byrne, a fellow Stampin up consultant.  I love the Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper on this banner and of course the glittered letters, gotta love glitter.  LOL  You can see more of Natasha's projects and some of her classes on her blog, Stampin Enchantment .  Natasha is excellent at teaching workshops and classes and she is a very talented lady.  

At the end of September I was in the Thrift Shop with my Mom and came across some bottles that caught my eye as possible decor items to alter for Halloween.  And at $ .50 a piece why not? As per my normal self, I put the projects off as long as I could and rushed to finish them.  Again, I kept it simple.   I used Pick Your Poison Quick Accents from Stampin up and some bits of Halloween ribbon that I have picked up over the years.  I popped the labels with Dimensional Adhesive, but first since the labels were stickers, and I didn't want stickers, I plopped them in some baby power first, shook off the excess and adhered with the Dimensional Adhesive without having to fight myself from being stuck to the labels in the first place.

I also made and sent some treat cards to my youngest four nieces and nephew.  I used black ribbon, melon mambo card stock, black card stock,  the Sweet Centers stamp set and round treat cups all from Stampin Up.  The patterned paper  and brad all come from my stash.  When I punched a hole in the stamped image to make room for the treat cups, I was left with a cute saying that I placed inside the cards as a greeting.

When I was planning to do the altered items I knew I wanted to do "Wool of Bat" with some black bat "wool" inside the container.  I had the perfect die cut font, and bat images that I could cut out of vinyl. But when I went to adhere the vinyl to the clear glass container I realized that the vinyl letters and bats wouldn't show up against the black wool.  So I found some yellow tissue paper where we keep the gift wrapping supplies, and with Mod Podge ripped and adhered the yellow tissue paper to the container.  After it was completely dry I rubbed on a little bit of alcohol ink to tone down the yellow and give it a more aged look and then adhered the vinyl. 

These are three Ikea vases I found at the Thrift store as well and with some bits of ribbon and black twine we have three different potions bottles.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wow Martha you put the rest of us to shame! These projects are awesome!